Thursday, May 14, 2009

Furlough Voice Mail: Record Your Version

11 hours and I'm on furlough. I'd be happy if it weren't for the whole losing a week's pay bit. What is money besides the tender with which we purchase our daily essentials? Who needs those anyway? I know I don't.

In the day and age of corporate branding, my employer has asked all employees to utilize the scripted voicemail message below. I've been rehearsing the last few days with different inflection, tone, and demeanor. As my friends back home can attest, I'm not so talented with voices. Most impressions I undertake have a way of sounding like Krang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.



That's not to say I'm some Pat Fraley (II) of something. By no means do I have his talent or range. I can't compete with the voice of Krang AND the Delivery Gnome in the 2007 straight to DVD smash hit Garfield Gets Real.

That's where YOU come in. Take a couple of minutes to record your version of the following message. To do so, just click on the "Call Me" button at the top right corner of the blog. Enter your phone number and it will call you. You can then leave your message. I will post them later, so leave only the identifying information you want the entire World Wide Web to have.

Note: To protect my employer and my job, I've changed a couple of things about the script.

Now have at it.

Voicemail message Script:

“Out of office message. Hello, you have reached (your name) in (your work area) at UniCorp International. I will be out of the office and not checking voicemail during the week of May 17 – My 23 due to a mandatory furlough of UCI employees. This weeklong furlough provides significant savings for the 2009 budget during this challenging economic time. Please leave a message and I will respond to you when I return to the office Tuesday, May 26th after the Memorial Day holiday. If this call is an emergency, please press 5003 followed by the pound sign now. Thank you.”

Posted via email from bgrandell's posterous

No comments: