Thursday, April 23, 2009

So that's why my resume is ubber-long.


@Robcorddry passed this video along via the Twitter. I don't quite know what to make of all of this.   

 

It goes a long way toward explaining why my resume is quickly approaching the "Flake" stage of its development. Two and a half pages and growing.  The baby boomers seemed to keep a job for life.  Somehow I don't stay in a job for longer than a Monarch's life. And somehow the butterfly gets further than I do what with their summering in the US and Canada then wintering in beautiful "Me-he'-co." (An oversimplification I know, since it's grandkids of the Canadian butterfly that make their egress over the Rio Grande and into Mexico.)  

I've got to either keep a job for longer than a year, print my resume front and back to keep it on two pieces of paper or travel more.  With technology expanding the way it is, in 5 years, keeping a job longer than a month will be a major feat, paper resumes will be obsolete and I'll be able to transport myself all over the world and through time with some Google service currently being dreamed up in Google labs. 

Technology both horrifying and titillating at the exact same time.

Posted via email from bgrandell's posterous

No comments: