Monday, April 20, 2009

Anthropomorphism can be a real jerk. Take 2


Welcome to the family new I-Mac.  It's been a long time coming, but you are finally hear to clean up all the clutter in our lives.  You sleek, sexy aluminum clad thing you.  I love how you just sit here and let me type random thoughts on you like you have nowhere else to go, nothing better to do.



I dim the lights to set the mood and you glow like a candle on a moonlit night.



What's that you say?  Oh no, pay no attention to that.  It's nothing.



Just a pile of computer scraps, you know old cables and the like.  Relics from a bygone age relegated to the scrap heap destined for the Good Will. Nothing to be worried about.  I'll never toss you away like that. 

What?  Oh no, the shoe shine kit stays.  I know I said that stuff was going to...No you can't have it.  Why do you need it anyway?  The country blue shelf?  No we're not keeping it.  It's ugly.  Yes it would hold lots of knick knacks.  No I will not hang it behind you.  You are supposed to help clean up my life. 

Hey listen.  I really need to go.  My...hey another human is IM'ing me.

Damon:  So Apple, eh?
me:  yep.
I'm digging it.
Damon:  What components you go in there?
me:  hmmm?
Damon:  You know, the electronics and stuff
me:  oh ya.
a 24 inch monitor I-Mac
with an Intel  2.66 gig processor
640 gig hard drive

Posted via email from bgrandell's posterous

No comments: