Thursday, May 14, 2009

This Day in History from the Guy in Payroll


We are on unpaid furlough next week, which means reminders from the Guy in Payroll come that much earlier.  Enjoy:

On this day in 1853 - Gail Borden Jr. applied for a patent for condensed milk.  Whoever thought to add sugar to it and created sweetened condensed milk is my hero.  Does anyone else need to buy two cans when they need one for a recipe so they can eat the other can while they’re cooking?  It’s not a staple of my diet, but I sure do like that stuff.  Another tidbit of completely useless trivia is that Gail Borden was distantly related to the infamous Lizzie Borden.  I’ve already bored you with my love of the movie The Legend of Lizzie Borden starring Elizabeth Montgomery of Bewitched fame.  See, six degrees of separation applies to everything.  If you prattle on long enough, everything eventually comes full circle.
 
11 days until our next holiday, 78 days until my birthday, 225 days until Christmas, 7019 days until I retire.



Go to my Main bloG 

Posted via email from bgrandell's posterous

No comments: