Thursday, May 7, 2009

This day in History from the Guy in payroll

I actually look forward to what The Payroll guy adds to his reminder to enter time into the payroll system every 2 weeks.  Here's the latest:

On this day in 1994 - The Edvard Munch painting "The Scream" was recovered after being stolen 3 months earlier from an Oslo Museum.  I *love* that painting.  I had it  on a mouse pad for years and years (well, not the actual painting, but a reasonable facsimile—lest anyone take me too literally and think I am an art thief during my off hours).  Eventually, the image was rubbed off by miles of mousing over it, so I retired it.  That painting pretty well sums up my emotional state for the past few weeks.  If you’re not familiar with “The Scream”, here it is:  



I know I shouldn’t say it, but great googly moogly I’m looking forward to the furlough week.
 
I’ve seen a couple of great tagline on emails recently that made me laugh.  Maybe others might need a good laugh as much as I did (assuming you also find them funny):
 
“When I was a kid, I used to pray for a bicycle, then I realized that God doesn’t work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.”
 
“I’m so busy I don’t know if I just found a rope or lost my horse.”
 
18 days until our next vacation, 85 days until my birthday, 232 days until Christmas, 7,026 days until I retire.

Posted via email from bgrandell's posterous

No comments: